pátek 26. prosince 2014

Looking back

One of the things I realized during my DTS was how terrible blogger I am - only 12 posts in 6 months? Terrible! I owe you all an apology, please don't hate me for keeping you in dark - I'll partially atone for my negligence now. Or at least I'll try.

I wrote my last post just few days after we arrived on Thasos which was probably one the most beautiful place I've ever visited. Beautiful beaches, nearly emerald see - true paradise. 
Well, not for me, anyways. It was there, where I started to struggle with depression, feeling disconnected form my team not being able to handle the huge differences in personalities as well as probably being under spiritual attack. And so I had worst three weeks of my DTS. I knew God was still in work, but not being able to feel happy, I quitted bogging and focused on survival. 

From Thasos we went to Athens - we worked with refugees mainly from Afghanistan and it was there where my heart really broke for the people. Seeing them, crowds of once well situated people who had to fled their homes just to live on the streets of country where they are hated - nobody deserves that! So we worked hard - teaching English, preparing meals, trying to find ways to help, but most importantly creating friendships. It kept me busy, so I mostly forgot about difficulties with my team. We all felt helpless - there were so many people in desperate situations! But it was in Athens when we prayed most - for the racist police force to get compassion, for the refugees, for prostitutes trapped in human trafficking... 

I personally prayed also for my funds, because the outreach was almost over and I was still missing almost half of the fee and the entire team could feel the lack of money. And the good father answered that prayer in such an amazing way! I got all the money I needed! Go God! Seeing my prayer answered miraculously like that makes me hopeful that all the other prayers are answered in the same big way - we don't have to see it strait away, but God is doing something in Athens even now, when we are long gone, I am sure of it!

So the outreach was over - I was so happy to see all of my friends when the teams reunited! We graduated, such a relief and we had to say goodbye. 

Now I have few more people I miss every day - and they live all over the world, they continue trying to serve God with all they've got and so do I. It's true, the story continues even after DTS!

I miss Florida a lot and I truly hope I will be able to go back to Athens to help the refugee ministry again but for now, I am back home, in Prague. But I did not stop being a missionary. Long story short, God brought me to the best possible place - Christian International School of Prague. 
And this time (even though most of my colleagues are Americans again) I feel my personality is a great match for the team of people I work with. I learn a lot every day. Sometimes it's really challenging. But I can do things I love most - sharing the language and culture of my nation with foreigners (our students come form even more countries than my DTS friends) sharing my faith with them as well. 

It may not be as crazy as my DTS, but sometimes it gets close. But again, I can see God working in hears of people around me and using me as his tool. How blessed am I, seriously! 


Merry Christmas!
Veselé Vánoce!

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat